Migrate JMS (Vista 4.2)
How to determine where JMS lives
- Go to the weblogic console for the cluster that you're interested in and login
- Expand the Environment node in the Domain Structure area on the left of the page
- Click on servers
- Click on one of the managed nodes in the main frame
- Click on the monitoring tab and then the JMS tab
- If the JMSServers Current Count field has a number (should be 2) then this is the managed node that is currently running JMS, if the number is 0 then it is not.
What to look for in the admin server's WebCTServer.timestamp.log
What to look for in the destination's WebCTManagedNode***.log:
Migrate JMS (Vista 4.1.1)
You can migrate the JMS(Java Message Service) using the WebLogic console by following these steps.
- Login to the console located at http://<admin node>:88/console
- On the left expand Servers
- Then click on the first node
- The on the right click Control and then JMS Migrate
- Under Destination server select which node you would like to send the JMS process to.
- Then click Migrate
- Check the webct.log on the node you are transfering from and you should see "Recieved notification from JMS that the current JMS Server/Connection is down" followed by "Reconnect to JMS SUCCESSFUL using jms destination" as soon as the other server is running JMS.
- Check the weblogic.log on the admin node and you should see "Migration Task (Migration of WebCTManagedNode(A,B) (migratable to WebCTManagedNode(B,A) - Activation succeeded."